Sunday, December 26, 2010

Letting out my dominant side...

I was raised by my mother for the most part. My parents divorced when I was eight, so I didn't have a real strong male influence. My step-dad was not interested in raising me and I was OK with that. The result of that was I didn't have an abundance of self confidence. It took me years to find my confidence. The trigger for it was when my ex-wife left. She was very domineering and I was quite meek back then. I was devastated for awhile, but then one day I had an epiphany. I asked myself why I had always lived my life to make everyone else happy. First my parents, then teachers. Later friends then my wife. After that day I decided I was going to make me happy and find out what I needed to be content.

That's when I found out about my needs to dominate and control a woman. I was late coming to realise my desires in this. Maybe that's why the desire is so strong. I feel like I have a lot of lost time to make up for. It seems to get stronger every day. It seems society is hell bent on punishing dominant men in the public arena. Being "metrosexual" is the ideal. Be in touch with your feminine side and you will be much happier. Women are told to not need a man, they can take care of themselves. I'm all for women being strong, but we need each other. We are happiest when we are in a happy union. Whatever the dynamic. I'm not looking down on the gay community, it just doesn't apply to my particular situation. I've had freinds that were gay and got along fine with them. What I'm trying to get at is, maybe our parents and grandparents knew what they were doing when the man was the HoH, and the woman took care of the house and kids. Maybe that's why it was called the good old days. No one can convince me that families are better off today. There are so many broken families and kids being raised by single parents. I know there are a lot of great women out there who did and do a great job, my mother being one of them. She raised us without a man for awhile. On the average though, a boy needs a father, and a girl needs a mother to learn how they are supposed to be a man and a woman. Just my opinion, and I'm sure some would disagree with me, and I'm OK with that.

Back to my point, it took me awhile to find my dominant side because I wasn't raised with a strong male presence and every boy needs to learn to be a man. Not necessarily be a Dom, but be a man a woman can depend on to protect and take care of her. Be trustworthy that he will always do right by her.
Just be a man!
Rant over...

William

No comments:

Post a Comment